This page is a collection of overall and page statistics for this wiki. For the latest updates see: Daily Statistics. A monthly archive is available at Wiki 2010, Wiki 2011, Wiki 2012, Wiki 2013,Wiki 2014 and Wiki 2015. View and compare history month by month or open two windows and set them side by side to compare. There are Page Statistics on select wiki pages when they have more than 100,000 views.
- 15/12/13 There have now been 34 million page views, the counter recorded 28,006,007 views.
- 15/8/11 There have now been 33 million page views, the counter recorded 27,009,079 views.
- 15/4/27 There have now been 32 million page views although the counter recorded 26,008,026 views.
- 15/3/27 The top 1000 pages exceeded 2,000 hits today.
- 15/2/9 The Main Page surpassed 1.5 million hits. It was the second page to reach this milestone.
- 15/1/31 The E-book Reader Matrix has reached 2 million hits and is the first page to do so.
- 15/1/22 There have now been over 25 million or more likely 31 million page views.
- 14/10/29 There have now been over 24 million or more likely 30 million.
- 14/2/15 There have now been over 21 million or more likely 27 million
- 13/11/20 There have now been over 20 million hits or likely 26 million actual hits.
- 13/8/28 There have now been over 19 million hits on the wiki. Based on a calculation of the impact of the error mentioned below on milestone 13/3/17 and subsequent hit rate the correct milestone values should have been 6 million more hits on the wiki. Therefore the current hits are more reasonably 25 million hits.
- 13/6/11 There have now been over 18 million hits on the wiki. This is more properly 24 million hits.
- 13/4/21 The main page reached 1,000,071 views. It was the third page to reach a million views.
- 13/3/26 There have now been over 17 million hits on the wiki. This is more properly 23 million hits.
- 13/3/17 An error was discovered and corrected in the wiki statistics. In an effort to speed up wiki access recently accessed pages have been cached since the 11/11/1 change. These cached pages were not counted in any of the access statistics, neither page nor total. This is why the statistics have only moved slightly since that time.
- 12/4/24 E-book conversion reached 1,000,011 views. It is only the second page in the wiki to reach a million views.
- 12/1/29 There are now 1000 pages in the main namespace.
- 11/11/23 There now 1000 register users on the wiki with all banned users removed.
- 11/11/1 There is a new version of the wiki available with addition editing features. This version seems to keep track of users revisiting a wiki page thus the total access for a given page has slowed down significantly. Milestones for hits will be effected. (The original assumption on this change was incorrect. See milestone 13/3/17.)
- 11/10/30 The top ten pages reached 200,000 views or more.
- 11/10/3 There have now been 16 million hits on wiki pages
- 11/8/29 The Statistics page reports that there are now 1,000 content pages with 2,488 overall pages.
- 11/8/13 There have now been 15 million hits on wiki pages.
- 11/8/5 A syntax highlighting feature has been added to the wiki for various computer languages including html and css. See Syntax Highlighting for more information.
- 11/6/25 There have now been 14 million hits on wiki pages.
- 11/7/6 Category:EPrdctn twitter group joined this wiki as its primary wiki communication space.
- 11/5/14 The top 200 pages reached 10,000 views, compared to 08/1/1 where we just barely had 200 pages.
- 11/4/18 There have now been 13 million hits on the wiki pages.
- 11/2/8 There have now been 12 million hits on the wiki pages.
- 11/1/29 There have now been 1.5 million hits on the E-book Reader Matrix. The top 100 pages have more than 18,000 hits. The top 15 pages have almost 103,000 views.
- 10/12/26 There have now been 11 million hits on the wiki. Up from 10 million only 40 days earlier. The top 13 pages now exceed 100,000 views.
- 10/12/7 The top 10 pages reached 100,000 views with MOBI in 10th place.
- 10/11/24 The Main Page reached 501,508 views. It is the third page in the wiki to reach 1/2 million views. The top 500 pages have more than 2,000 hits.
- 10/11/16 There have now been 10 million hits on wiki pages.
- 10/10/11 E-book conversion reached 500,392. It is only the second page in this wiki to reach 1/2 million views.
- 10/09/21 There have now been 9 million hits on wiki pages and the top 9 have over 100,000 views.
- 10/09/07 The main namespace has 600 pages with 1000 or more views. There are more than 750 pages in this namespace and 800 pages identified by the wiki software as have content.
- 10/08/02 There now 1000 register users on the wiki. (banned users are counted in this)
- 10/07/02 There have now been 8 million hits on wiki pages.
- 10/04/01 There have now been 7 million hits on wiki pages.
- 10/02/27 There have now been 1 million hits on the E-book Reader Matrix. The top 100 pages have more than 10,000 hits.
- 10/01/08 There have now been 6 million hits on wiki pages.
- 10/01/01 There were 5,924,039 hits. The top 20 had over 40,000 while the top 100 had over 9,000 hits. The top 500 exceeded 800 hits. There were more than 600 information pages.
- 09/10/09 There have now been 5 million hits on wiki pages. The top 9 have more than 72,000 hits. A footnote feature has been added to the wiki.
- 09/06/02 There have now been 4 million hits on wiki pages. The top wiki page E-book Reader Matrix had hit 600,000 hits on 6/1. The top 9 pages have over 64,000 hits. The site also surpassed the 500 page mark in the main page space (not counting help, mobile read, category pages or any talk pages) In addition we are now multi-lingual. There are now 10 German pages and 6 French pages with the top pages getting over 1,500 hits.
- 09/02/24 E-book Reader Matrix has 1/2 million hits, the top 9 pages have more than 52,000.
- 09/02/03 There have now been more that 3 million hits on the wiki. The top 11 pages have over 45,000 hits and the top 100 over 4 thousand.
- 08/12/15 We now accept multi-lingual entries. To see them all visit: Multi-lingual pages.
- 08/09/30 There have now been over 2 million hits on the wiki. The top three pages have more than 100,000 hits (as of two days ago) and the top ten over 31,000.
- 08/06/13 The main page has 100,000 hits while the eBook reader matrix has 240,000 hits. The top 10 pages have over 23,000 hits.
- 08/04/16 Top 20 pages had 10,000 hits, Top 9 had 20,000, Top 98 hit 1,000
- 08/01/01 More than 200 pages available.
- 06/08/20 There were 31 pages in the wiki with 21,133 hits. See wiki oldest archive
- 06/04/10 We've finally got a Wiki.
The wiki was declared ready on April 10th 2006. At that time there was the Main Page (reached its final form on April 23), the comparison of E-book Reader Matrix, a Hanlin eBook Reader page, a Sony eBook Reader page, an iRex ILiad:owners page, a Jinke page, a Mobile links, and the sandbox. The eBook Reader matrix contained 4 devices, The Hanlin V8, the Hanlin V2, the Sony PRS-500 and the iRex iLiad (although the individual device pages came much later). The SunriseXP tutorial was added on April 12th and the SunriseXP reference was added on the 19th.
It struggled through the summer and by August 20, 2006 it had 31 pages. Interest was pretty high with 21,133 views and 8 pages had more than 1,000 hits. (When the same person revisits a page it doesn't count.) In the top 10 were 4 pages about the iLiad, 2 pages on the SunriseXP, the Main Page, the e-book Reader Matrix, and the Sony Portable Reader page. The rest of the pages had 6 more iLiad pages and two more on the PRS 500 as well as a page on the Sony Librie. There was more about the SunriseXP and the beginnings of pages on converting eBook formats and the technology of ePaper. For a list see: Wiki oldest archive. The Fujitsu 4096 Color E-Paper appeared in this wiki on Oct 7, 2006 and is still being talked about as a future device.
On nearly its first anniversary in April 27, 2007 there were 183,542 total page views and the top 30 had 1,000 views. The e-book Reader Matrix had risen to first place with 28,545 views. It would eventually dominate as the most popular page on the the site. The top 9 pages had more than 5,000 views and the top 3 more than 12,000.
In January 2008 the wiki had just over 200 entries. The MobileRead wiki was starting to take off by April 17, 2008 (the second anniversary) with well over a million page views. The top 20 pages all had better that 10,000 accesses.
 Page Statistics
Here are the statistics which shows what people are most interested in (roughly the top 20 or so) as of the middle of April for each year. (2009 is the end of Feb/first of Mar which is as close as we have data for) A monthly archive of page statistics can be found at at the links under the category:Statistics. (use the history tab to compare any two months). Up to date data can be seen at: Popular Pages
In this table an entry of 99 means the page did not exist at the time recorded. the number 98 means it existed but there is no ranking or value available or it is below 100 in popularity.
|page name||#||Apr 2007||#||Apr 2008||#||Mar 2009||#||Apr 2010||#||Apr 2011||#||Apr 2012||#||Apr 2013||#||Apr 2014||#||Apr 2015|
|E-book Reader Matrix||1||28,545||1||186,483||1||504,450||1||1,070,641||1||1,560,024||1||1,819,362||1||1,883,754||1||1,959,827||1||2,007,318|
|Category:Sony Portable Reader||5||9,269||4||39,647||4||69,984||10||83,847||19||91,979||29||98,688||31||100,523||36||101,732||39||102,818|
|Ultra-cheap sub-notebook matrix||99||0||13||14,689||16||24,892||32||30,632||55||34,225||78||37,435||87||38,937||92||40,120||105||41,370|
|ILiad Software Wishlist||6||8,533||14||13,928||23||21,319||39||26,493||33||53,455||43||62,383||47||63,485||53||64,736||58||69,619|
|Sony Reader hack||14||3,877||15||12,488||25||19,754||31||31,497||45||41,153||58||47,115||64||48,516||73||50,165||84||51,624|
|Iliad Memorycards list||17||3,575||16||11,433||26||19,273||42||25,465||34||51,295||49||58,012||51||58,803||59||59,432||71||60,170|
|Bookeen Cybook Gen3||99||0||20||10,057||13||31,187||19||49,787||30||59,685||37||67,973||42||72,444||45||74,160||52||76,050|
|Amazon Kindle 1||99||0||31||5,760||17||24,821||27||35,847||43||42,165||60||46,662||63||48,602||71||51,181||80||53,441|
|FAQ Amazon Kindle||99||0||98||98||40||12,681||20||49,599||13||120,755||14||183,388||17||196,245||18||225,781||18||248,343|
|Sony Portable Reader||99||0||98||3||98||3||24||44,026||23||79,632||27||105,745||28||114,004||30||122,220||32||128,123|
|EBook Lending Libraries||99||0||98||1||24||21,256||15||54,746||10||138,294||9||271,191||10||314,798||9||414,849||10||469,349|
|IRex Digital Reader||99||0||99||0||18||24,614||14||61,405||24||74,685||32||85,605||36||88,254||39||90,438||43||92,439|
|Where to Buy eBook Devices||99||0||99||0||27||18,508||16||54,008||20||86,012||24||108,454||29||113,099||31||118,911||34||123,692|
|Sony Reader Reviews||12||4,202||23||8,927||42||12,253||72||14,935||98||19,323||122||22,949||137+||23,826||147||24,421||171||25,274|
|Kindle Screen Saver Hack for all 2.x and 3.x Kindles||99||0||99||0||99||0||99||0||12||127,434||7||320,501||7||410,997||8||487,977||9||567,331|
|PRST1 Rooting and Tweaks||99||0||99||0||99||0||99||0||99||0||24||108,897||14||217,518||12||306,027||12||384,174|
|Kindle Touch Hacking||99||0||99||0||99||0||99||0||99||0||46||60,370||12||235,669||10||414,774||8||579,389|
|Kindle Hacks Information||99||0||99||0||99||0||99||0||98||10,000+||37||66,964||26||126,485||13||275,977||11||397,080|
|Kindle Serial Numbers||99||0||99||0||99||0||98||99||98||99||45||59,382||36||82,627||23||169,186||14||298,303|
|page name||#||Apr 2007||#||Apr 2008||#||Mar 2009||#||Apr 2010||#||Apr 2011||#||Apr 2012||#||Apr 2013||#||Apr 2014||#||Apr 2015|
 The big picture History
The overall access to the wiki exceeded a million hits sometime in March 2008. It was at 1,085,462 on April 16, 2008. Each million milestone is in the table below. Due to a software bug the hits in cache were not counted between for about 18 months starting at the end of 2011. This bug is likely to have lost 6 million hits during that period. The table has been adjusted for the 540 days.
Hits in millions
- On April 16, 2010, the 4th anniversary there were 7,171,362 views.
- On April 16, 2011, the 5th anniversary there were 12,977,990 views.
- On April 16, 2012, the 6th anniversary there were 16,534,911 views.
- On April 16, 2013, the 7th anniversary there were 17,282,975 views.
- On April 16, 2014, the 8th anniversary there were 21,713,074 views.
- On April 16, 2015, the 9th anniversary there were 25,911,878 views.
The page popularity in the main namespace was:
|# hits||# 2010||# 2011||# 2012||# 2013||# 2014||# 2015|
 MobileRead Forum discussions
- 2014/04/16 - 8 year anniversary announcement.
- 2012/04/19 - 6 year anniversary announcement.
- 2011/04/17 - 5 year anniversary announcement.
- 2010/08/07 - The wiki has 1,000 registered users.
- 2010/04/16 - 4 year anniversary announcement.
- 2010/02/27 - The wiki's most popular page the E-book Reader Matrix has reached 1,000,000 views
- 2009/06/02 - Here is an update on the wiki.
- 2009/04/19 - wiki milestones: The 500th user has just joined our wiki.
- 2009/02/25 - the top wiki page E-book Reader Matrix just passed 1/2 million hits.
- 2008/09/30 - There have now been over 2 million hits on the MobileRead wiki.
- 2008/05/06 - Top wiki page has been read over 200,000 times plus data on format pages.
- 2008/04/16 - MR wiki top 20 pages exceed 10,000 hits
- 2008/01/28 - wiki pages reach 217 total and --DaleDe reached 100 pages developed.