This page covers the iPad accessories.
There are many accessories for iPads and iPhones. These include Covers, ear phones (air pods), stands and mounts, and others. The unusual ones for a pure tablet include the pencil and smart keyboard/cover are covered below. Others may be added. There are, of course, third party accessories.
 Apple pencil
The Apple pencil is now being touted as the Magic wand of iPads. The versatile Apple Pencil is the best tool to reach for when you need pixel‑perfect precision. Use it to jot down notes, paint a watercolor, or mark up an email. Whatever you need to do, Apple Pencil is easy to use but impossible to put down.
The technology inside Apple Pencil is complex. But using it is completely natural and intuitive. Press harder for thicker lines, lighter for thinner ones. Create shading simply by tilting. All with virtually no lag time between what you write and what you see. You can even rest your hand on the screen while you use it. Because while it’s engineered like a computer, it works just like a pencil. Under the magnetic cap of Apple Pencil is a Lightning connector that lets you plug into iPad. A full charge gives you 12 hours of scribbling, sketching, annotating, and editing.
- pixel level resolution
- angle (tilt) sensing
- pressure sensing with virtually no lag.
- The samples are 240 times per second.
- palm rejection of your hand when the pen is in use.
- 12 hours of battery life between charges.
- recharged by plugging into the iPad itself.
- will provide 30 minutes of writing with only a 15 second charge.
- Length: 6.92 inches (175.7 mm) measured from tip to cap
- Diameter: 0.35 inch (8.9 mm)
- Weight: 0.73 ounce (20.7 grams)
 Logitech Crayon
The Logitech Crayon is also available for half the price. It is not pressure sensitive but has the following features:
- 8 hours use between charges.
- will not role off the desk.
- Works anywhere the Apple pencil works.
- charges via the lightning cable.
- auto power off if idle for 30minutes, has on/off switch.
- Tilt sensing for line width.
- battery life indicator
- 30 minutes after 90 seconds charge
- replaceable tip lasts for 1 1/4 miles.
- palm rejection
- rugged: survives a 4ft drop, MIL STANDARD 810-G drop tests
- dimensions: 6.5" x .5" x .3" (163 x 12 x 8 mm) rounded corners
- Weight: 0.7 oz (20 g)
 Apple pencil Gen 2
The new Apple Pencil charges wirelessly by attaching magnetically to the side of the iPad Pro. It also adds a few new shortcuts, like tapping to wake up the iPad Pro and double-tapping to switch tools. The two Apple Pencil versions are not compatible; the first-generation one won't work with the new iPad Pro 2018s and the second-generation version won't work with the regular iPad 2018.
 Smart Keyboard
The Smart Keyboard combines advanced technologies to create a keyboard like no other. It’s a full-size keyboard that’s fully portable, and it connects to iPad Pro with the Smart Connector. Just attach the Smart Keyboard and start typing. And when you’re done, it folds to create a slim, lightweight cover.
 Original Pro keyboards
Any smart keyboard will work with any size original iPad Pro there is a full size one for the 12.9". There are smaller keyboards for the 9.7" model and a slightly larger one to fit the 10.5" model. The 10.5" model has significantly larger keys and is easier to work with than the 9.7" was. The smart connector allows the keyboard to be powered from the Pro and data connects wirelessly.
Using the correct size Keyboard offers the additional features of a stand for the iPad Pro, with or without the keyboard in use, and a protective cover for the iPad Pro.
The Apple Smart Keyboard is $159 for the 10.5" or 9.7" model and $169 for the 12.9" model.
 New Pro Folio keyboards
There are two new keyboards for the iPad Pro 2018 models. One for the 12.9" and one for the 11". There is no indication that these are compatible with any other model of the iPad Pro. They offer both front and back protection. Prices are $179 for the 11" and $199 for the 12.9".