iPadOS is a new OS (Sept 2019) that is the equivalent of iOS version 13. It is specifically for later model iPads beginning with the iPad Air 2. The initial release was 13.1. In Sept 2020 version 14.0 was released for both iOS and iPadOS.
Sorted by screen size. Within a size they are sorted with latest first. Earlier models not shown run an older iOS version.
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2018 (2nd generation), iPad Pro 2020 (3rd generation), and iPad Pro 2021 (4th generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2015)
- 11.0-inch iPad Pro 2018 (1st generation), iPad Pro 2020 (2nd generation), and iPad Pro 2021 (3rd generation)
- 10.9-inch iPad Air 2020 (4th generation)
- 10.5-inch iPad Air 2019 (3rd generation)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro (2017)
- 10.2-inch iPad 2019 (7th generation) and iPad 2020 (8th generation)
- 9.7-inch iPad 2017 (5th generation) and iPad 2018 (6th generation)
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro (2016)
- 9.7-inch iPad Air 2 (2nd generation) 2014
- 7.9-inch iPad mini 2019 (5th generation)
- 7.9-inch iPad mini 4 (4th generation) 2015
From Apple web site for initial release
- Multiple apps in Slide Over - Keep multiple apps at the ready in Slide Over and quickly access your favorites with just a swipe.
- Swipe between Slide Over apps - Quickly move between Slide Over apps by swiping along the bottom.
- Slide Over switcher - Swipe up to see all the apps in Slide Over.
- Slide Over to full screen - Easily make a Slide Over app full screen by dragging it to the top.
- Close Slide Over apps - Quickly close a window in Slide Over by going to the App Switcher and flicking up.
- Multiple windows from the same app - You can now open multiple windows from the app in Split View. Perfect for working on two notes or Pages documents, viewing two maps, or organizing files in the Files app.
- Same app in multiple spaces - Open a window from the same app in multiple spaces so you can work on different projects across your iPad.
- Drag to create windows - Quickly open a window by dragging the content into its own space. Drag a link to open Safari, a location to open Maps, or an email address to open Mail.
- App Switcher - The updated App Switcher shows all spaces and windows for all apps along with title windows.
- App Exposé - See all the open windows for an app by tapping its icon in the Dock.
 New Home Screen
- New layout - The Home screen has been redesigned with the icons arranged in a tighter grid. The refined layout gives you more room for apps and information.
- Pin widgets - Get at‑a‑glance information by pinning your Today View widgets on the Home screen.
- Favorite widgets - Use the widget editor to choose your favorite widgets, which will always appear on the Home screen. Swipe up to see all your other widgets.
- Screen Resolution - All minis running this OS have a 7.9" screen with 2048 x 1576 pixels at 326 ppi. All of the other iPads have 264 ppi with the 9.7" devices have the same resolution as the minis.
- 9.7" 2048 x 1576 4:3
- 10.2" 2160 x 1620 4:3
- 10.5" 2224 x 1668 4:3
- 10.9" 2360 x 1640 4.3:3
- 11.0" 2388 x 1668 4.3:3
- 12.9" 2732 x 2048 4:3
- Lower latency - Thanks to advanced prediction algorithms, latency in Apple Pencil is as low as 9 milliseconds.1 So it feels even more like writing on paper.
- Redesigned tool palette - The redesigned tool palette has a fresh new look and several improvements. You can drag it to either side of the screen, or minimize it in the corner so you have more room for your content.
- New tools - A pixel eraser lets you remove exactly what you want from a drawing, and a ruler makes it easy to draw straight lines.
- Full-page screenshots - Now when you take a screenshot, you can capture the entire document, email, or web page and mark it up.
- Take a screenshot with Apple Pencil - Quickly take a screenshot using Apple Pencil by dragging it from either bottom corner.
 Sidecar (Mac feature)
- Extended desktop - Use your iPad as a second display for additional screen space. Have one app open while you work in another or see how a presentation looks in presentation mode while editing it on your Mac.
- Mirrored desktop - Mirror the screen on your Mac to have two screens displaying the same content, making it perfect for sharing with others.
- Wired or wireless - Connect your iPad to your Mac using a cable to keep it charged, or use it wirelessly — within 10 meters — for greater mobility.
- Draw and sketch in apps - Use the precision and intuitiveness of Apple Pencil with your favorite creative Mac apps. Draw and write naturally, edit a photo or graphic, and use it to point and click like you would with a mouse.
- Continuity Markup - Write and sketch on PDFs or mark up your documents with Apple Pencil. See the updates live on your Mac as you mark them up on your iPad.
- Continuity Sketch - Create a sketch on your iPad using Apple Pencil and easily insert it into any document on your Mac.
 Text Editing
- Scroll bar scrubbing - Instantly navigate long documents, web pages, and conversations by dragging the scroll bar.
- Cursor navigation - Moving the cursor is even faster and more precise — just pick it up and drag it to where you want. It will automatically snap to lines and between words.
- Text selection - Select text just by tapping and swiping. For quick sentence and paragraph selection, triple- or quadruple‑tap.
- Intelligent selection - Double-tap to quickly select addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and more.
- Cut, copy, and paste gestures - New gestures make cut, copy, and paste a snap. Pinch up with three fingers to quickly copy, pinch up with three fingers two times to cut, and pinch down with three fingers to paste.
- Undo and redo gestures - Undo with a simple three‑finger swipe to the left or redo by swiping three fingers to the right.
- Multiselect - Quickly select email messages, files, and folders by tapping with two fingers and dragging.
- QuickPath - The QuickType keyboard now includes QuickPath, so you can swipe your finger from one letter to the next to enter a word without removing your finger from the keyboard.
- Floating keyboard - Pinch to shrink the QuickType keyboard and move it wherever you want so there’s more room for your apps.
- Swipe or tap to type - You can swipe or tap to type interchangeably, so you can choose what’s most convenient even if you’re mid‑sentence.
- Alternate word options - Alternate word options appear in the predictive bar, so you can quickly choose a different option.
- QuickPath language support- Support for English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and Portuguese is now included.
- Automatic language selection in Dictation - Dictation automatically detects which language a user is speaking. The language will be chosen from the keyboard languages enabled on the device, up to a maximum of four.
- Custom fonts - You can now install custom fonts and use them in your favorite apps.
- Manage fonts - Easily see and manage the fonts you’ve installed right in Settings.
- App Store - Fonts will be available from the App Store, making it easy to find and install them.
 Dark Mode
- Beautiful new look - A new Dark Mode option gives iPadOS and apps a beautiful dark color scheme. Perfect for low-light environments, Dark Mode is easier on your eyes and won’t disturb people around you.
- Turn on manually - Tap the new button in Control Center to quickly turn Dark Mode on and off, such as when you enter a dark room or theater.
- Scheduled - Have Dark Mode turn on and off at a certain time or based on sunrise and sunset, which is great when you’re outside at night or using your iPad before you go to bed.
- Wallpapers - New wallpapers optimized for Dark Mode automatically change as you switch between light and dark.
- System integration - Dark Mode is beautifully integrated throughout iPadOS, from built‑in apps and settings to system‑level views.
- Works with your favorite apps - An API lets third‑party developers implement Dark Mode in their apps.
 Privacy and Security
- App location permissions - Control the location data that you pass to apps with new, fine-grained controls. You can choose to grant an app access to your location once or anytime you use it.
- App location transparency - Receive a notification when an app is using your location in the background, so you can decide whether to update your permission.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth location privacy enhancements. - API changes and new controls help prevent apps from accessing your location without your consent while you’re using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Location controls for shared photos - Now you can control whether you share your location when you share a photo.
 Sign in with Apple
- Sign in with Apple ID - Sign in to apps and websites quickly and easily using the Apple ID you already have. No filling out forms or creating new passwords. Just tap “Sign in with Apple,” use Face ID or Touch ID, and you’re all set.
- Respect for your privacy - Apple will never track or profile you when you sign in with Apple. The most information you’ll have to share with an app or website is your name and email address.
- Hide My Email - Not sure you want to share your email address with a particular app? You’re in control. You can choose to share or hide your email address. You can also choose to have Apple create a unique email address for you that forwards to your real address.
- Built-in security - Sign in with Apple requires your Apple ID to be protected with two‑factor authentication. That way access to the accounts in your favorite apps is protected as well — automatically.
- Works everywhere - Sign in with Apple works on all your Apple devices as well as the web and apps on Android or Windows. No matter where you need to sign in to your favorite app, you can use Sign in with Apple.
- Faster app launch - Apps launch up to 2x faster in iPadOS.
- Faster Face ID unlock - Unlocking the 11‑inch iPad Pro and 12.9‑inch iPad Pro (3rd generation) is up to 30 percent faster.
- Smaller app downloads: Apps from the App Store will be packaged in a new way that makes them up to 50 percent smaller.
- Smaller app updates: App updates will be up to 60 percent smaller on average.
- WPA3 Wi-Fi support - iPadOS supports the latest standard from Wi-Fi Alliance to provide you with a more secure browsing experience.
- Automatic personal hotspot - Automatically connect to your nearby iPad personal hotspot when there’s no internet connection available.
- Persistent personal hotspot - Remain connected to your nearby iPad personal hotspot even when your device sleeps, so you can receive incoming messages and push notifications.
- Family sharing hotspot - Your family’s devices can automatically connect to your nearby iPad personal hotspot when there’s no internet connection available.
- Popular Wi-Fi networks - Your iPad determines which Wi-Fi networks at your location are being used and notifies you if one is available.
 System Experience
- Control Center - You can now select Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth accessories right from Control Center.
- Redesigned volume control - The redesigned volume control appears in the upper-left corner, so it doesn’t interfere with your content.
- Content preview - Preview email messages, web links, and more simply by pressing and holding to see a hint of the content.
- Quick actions - Press and hold an app icon to quickly perform actions specific to the app.
- Dolby Atmos playback - Enjoy a thrilling surround sound experience from content with Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, or Dolby Digital Plus soundtracks.11
- Enhanced QR code scanning - A new QR code scanner, accessible from Control Center, offers improved QR code performance, a flashlight option, and enhanced privacy.
- The most popular way to quickly share content is smarter and faster.
- One-tap suggestions - When you share a photo or document, receive a suggestion about who you might want to share it with and which app you may want to use, so you can share with just a tap.
- Sharing row - Easily see how many people around you are available for AirDrop. Apps are even intelligently sorted based on the content you’re sharing.
- New actions - You can customize options for the content you’re sharing, like removing the Live Photo action or location information from a picture you’re sending to a friend.
 Screen Time
- Combined app limits - Create combined limits with a combination of app categories, specific apps, or websites.
- Usage data - Usage data now spans 30 days so you can compare the previous week’s Screen Time numbers.
- Communication limits - Control who your children can communicate with — and who can communicate with them — throughout the day and during downtime.*
- Contact list for children - Parents can use Screen Time to manage the contacts that appear on their children’s devices.
- One more minute - When a Screen Time limit is met, you can tap “one more minute,” giving you time to quickly save your work or log out of a game.
 Trackpad Support
Trackpad support opens up new ways to use iPad. The reimagined cursor experience has been designed specifically to work in a touch‑first environment. This feature was added in 2020 to provide a user interface similar to a laptop. It is possible to hook up a Bluetooth mouse or trackpad.
 Slide Over and Split View
Slide Over and Split View have made working with multiple apps on iPad effortless. Now they can take your workflows to another level by letting you work exactly how you want in even more intuitive ways.
 Apple Pencil
The precision and versatility of Apple Pencil make it an amazing tool for drawing, note-taking, and marking things up. Now, thanks to even lower latency, writing with Apple Pencil feels even more like writing on paper. And with entirely new ways to use it, you’ll only have to put it down when you want to.
 Text Editing
Part of the magic of iPad is that almost anything can be done with Multi‑Touch using simple, intuitive gestures. And now iPadOS makes it easier and faster to select and edit text using just your fingers. Editing gestures include Copy, paste, undo, and more with simple new gestures.
 Version 14
See IOS#Version_14 for common items. IPadOS specific features are described below:
- Split View and Slide over view.
- Switch between apps in Slide Over
- Multitask use Picture in Picture.
- Drag and Drop - Move text and other item from within an app and from one App to another.
- Drag a link to a Split View or Slide Over windows.
- Copy an item to an app on the Home screen or in the Dock.
- Enter, select and revise text using the onscreen keyboard.
- Turn the onscreen keyboard into a trackpad
- Support for Bluetooth mouse or trackpad
 Built-in Apps
- Dual Cameras (Front and Back)
- Video and Photos
- All-new Photos tab - The all-new Photos tab lets you browse your photo library with different levels of curation, so it’s easy to find, relive, and share your photos and videos. You can view everything in All Photos, focus on your unique photos in Days, relive your significant moments in Months, or rediscover your highlights in Years.
- Auto-playing Live Photos and videos - Throughout the Photos tab, muted Live Photos and videos begin playing as you scroll, bringing your photo library to life.
- Smart photo previews - In Days, Months, and Years, photo previews are larger to help you distinguish between shots. Photos uses intelligence to find the best part of your photo in photo previews, which means you get to see the uncropped version of your photo when you tap to view it.
- Contextual transitions - Animations and transitions keep your place in the Photos tab, so you can switch between views — like Days and All Photos — without losing your place.
- Removes similar shots and clutter - Duplicate photos, screenshots, whiteboard photos, documents, and receipts are identified and hidden, so you see only your best shots.
- Significant events - Months presents your photos by events, so you can rediscover the moments that matter most.
- Event titles - The Photos tab displays the name of the location, holiday, or concert performer to provide helpful context for your significant events.
- On this Day - Years is contextual, so it shows you photos taken on or around today’s date in past years.
- Birthday mode - If you have birthdays assigned to people in your People album, the Photos tab will highlight your photos of them on their birthday.
- Zoom in and zoom out - View your library in All Photos however you’d like. Zoom in for a closer look, or zoom out to quickly scan through your library and see all your shots at once.
- Screen recordings smart album - All your new screen recordings are now in one place.
- Search enhancements - You can combine multiple search terms — like “beach” and “selfies” — without tapping each word in search.
- Music for Memories - Soundtracks for Memory movies are selected based on what you listen to in the Apple Music app.
- Extended Live Photos playback - When you press and hold to play a Live Photo, Photos will automatically extend the video when you have Live Photos taken within 1.5 seconds of each other.
- Preview intensity - As you apply an edit, each adjustment displays its intensity, so you can see at a glance which effects have been increased or decreased.
- Individually review each effect - Tap each effect icon to see what your photo looked like before and after the effect was applied.
- Filter control - Control the intensity of any filter, like Vivid or Noir, to fine‑tune your look.
- Enhance control - Enhance now lets you control the intensity of your automatic adjustments. As you increase or decrease Enhance, you’ll see other adjustments — including Exposure, Brilliance, Highlights, Shadows, Contrast, Brightness, Black Point, Saturation, and Vibrance — intelligently change with it.
- Video editing support - Adjustments, filters, and crop support video editing, so you can rotate, increase exposure, or even apply filters to your videos. Video editing supports all video formats captured on iPad.
- Nondestructive video edits - Video edits are now nondestructive, so you can remove an effect like a filter or undo a trim to return to your original video.
- Vibrance - Boost muted colors to make your photo richer without affecting skin tones and saturated colors.
- White Balance - Balance the warmth of an image by adjusting temperature (blue to yellow) and tint (green to magenta).
- Sharpen - Change photos by making edges crisper and better defined.
- Definition - Increase image clarity by adjusting the definition slider.
- Noise reduction - Reduce or eliminate noise such as graininess or speckles in photos.
- Vignette - Add shading to the edges of your photo to highlight a powerful moment using Strength, Radius, and Falloff.
- Updates to auto adjustments - Straighten, crop, and adjust the perspective of your photos automatically.
- Pinch-to-zoom support - You can pinch to zoom while editing to review your changes on a specific area of your photo.
- Image Capture API - The Image Capture API lets you import photos directly into an app when a camera is connected to your iPadOS device.
- Updates to Portrait Segmentation API - The Portrait Segmentation API now supports skin, hair, and teeth segmentation, so developers can create new effects for Portrait mode photos.
- Share name and photo - Automatically share your name and photo when you start a conversation or when the other person responds in a message. Decide whether you share with everyone, just your contacts, or not at all. You can even choose to use an Animoji, image, or monogram for your photo.
- Memoji stickers - Automatically generate sticker packs based on your Memoji and Animoji characters that allow you to express a range of emotions in Messages.
- Improved search - Search in Messages makes it easier to find what you’re looking for. Even before you type a character, you can see recent messages, people, photos, links, and locations you might be looking for. When you type in a search, Messages categorizes the results and highlights matching terms.
- Improved details pane - The details pane organizes links, locations, and attachments that have been shared in the conversation so they’re easy to find at a glance.
- Improved Memoji customization - Makeup lets you customize blush and eyeshadow and includes editing tools that make it easy to get just the right look. Customize your teeth with braces and add piercings to your nose, eyebrows, eyelids, and around your mouth. There are also 30 new hairstyles, over 15 new pieces of headwear, and more earrings and glasses.
- New Animoji - Three new Animoji characters — mouse, octopus, and cow — give you more options to express yourself.
- Animoji hardware support - All devices with an A9 chip or later support Memoji and Animoji sticker packs.
- Multicolored flags - Choose from a variety of colors when you flag an email message. Colored flags are synced via iCloud to Mail on all your Apple devices, and they can be changed or removed at any time.
- Block sender - Have all email from a specified sender blocked and move the messages directly to the Trash. Blocking a sender works across all your Apple devices.
- Extended Reply menu - In addition to reply, reply all, forward, and print, the Reply menu adds convenient access to notify me of replies, mark as unread, move to junk, move to different mailbox, and flag options, as well as the new Mute Thread option.
- Mute Thread - Easily mute notifications from an overly active email thread across all your Apple devices.
- New format bar - A convenient new format bar appears above the keyboard when you type text, providing comprehensive formatting and attachment options including the ability to scan, insert a photo or video, add attachments, and insert drawings.
- Desktop‑class text formatting - A new menu adds comprehensive text formatting tools that let you compose professional‑looking email. Formatting includes new font style, size, and color selections, strikethrough, alignment, numbered and bulleted lists, and indenting and outdenting options.
- Updated photo selector - The new photo selector occupies the lower portion of the screen so you can see your email while choosing the photo.
- Updated address autocomplete - When adding a recipient to an email, Mail lists email address choices under each recipient.
- iPad multitasking - Drag a window to compose an email next to your primary inbox, so you can view or copy from one message and paste it into another, all without obscuring either message.
- Time‑synced lyrics - Turn on lyrics to follow along with your favorite music as it plays. Each line appears in step with the music, so you always know where you are and what’s coming next. Scroll and tap any line to jump to your favorite verse. Beautiful animations make following along with your favorite songs fun.
- Up Next - With one tap, see the queue of songs playing next and the playlist, album, or station it’s playing from. You’ll always know what song is coming up, and you can change the order easily.
- Safari - Apple's web browser
- Updated start page - An updated start page design includes favorites, frequently visited, and most recently visited websites so you can quickly get to the site you want. Siri suggestions surface relevant websites in your browsing history, frequently visited sites, links sent to you in Messages, and more.
- Download Manager - Check the status of a file you’re downloading, access downloaded files quickly, and drag and drop them into a file or email you’re working on. You can even download files in the background while you get work done.
- Photo upload resize - Choose to resize your photo to small, medium, large, or actual size before you upload it.
- Website View menu - The new View menu in the Smart Search field gives you quick access to text size controls, Reader view, and per‑site settings.
- Per-site settings - Choose to enable camera, microphone, and location access depending on the website you’re visiting. You can also decide whether to view a website in its desktop or mobile version, use Reader view, and enable content blockers on a per‑site basis.
- Page zoom - Quickly zoom in and out on a website’s text.
- Save open tabs as bookmarks- Save a set of open tabs to Bookmarks so you can quickly reopen them later.
- Jump to open tab from Smart Search field - If you start to type the address of a website that’s already open, Safari directs you to the open tab.
- Expanded email sharing options - New options let you email a web page as a link, as a PDF, or in Reader view from the share sheet.
- Weak password warnings - If you try to use a weak password when signing up for a new website account, Safari warns you.
- iCloud end‑to‑end encryption - Your Safari history and open tabs that have synced with iCloud are now protected with end‑to‑end encryption.
- Desktop websites - Safari automatically presents a website’s desktop version for iPad. Touch input maps correctly when a website expects mouse or trackpad input. Website scaling takes advantage of the large iPad screen, so you’ll see websites at their optimal size. And scrolling within web pages is faster and more fluid.
- Keyboard shortcuts - Navigate the web even faster with over 30 new keyboard shortcuts when you use an external keyboard.
- Full toolbar in Split View - Now you can access the full Safari toolbar in Split View.
- New map - Rebuilt from the ground up, the brand‑new map features significantly improved and more realistic details for roads, beaches, parks, buildings, and more.9
- Look Around - Explore where you’re going before you get there with an immersive 3D experience that gives you a 360-degree view of a place. And enjoy smooth and seamless transitions as you navigate your way around.10
- Collections - Build collections of your favorite and soon‑to‑be‑favorite locations and share them with friends and family.
- Favorites - Whether it’s home, work, the gym, or your kid’s school, create a list of places you visit often for quick, one‑tap navigation.
- Junction View - Junction View helps drivers in China eliminate wrong turns and directional misses by lining them up in the correct lane before they need to turn or enter an elevated road.
- Share ETA - Share your estimated time of arrival with family, friends, and coworkers. Your ETA even updates should a significant delay occur.
- Customer feedback - A redesigned customer feedback experience makes submitting incorrect addresses, business locations, or operating hours that much easier.
- Improved Siri guidance - More natural language enhances the navigation experience. So instead of saying “in 1,000 feet turn left,” Siri says “turn left at the next traffic light.” Improved navigation also guides you closer to your end-point destination, which is especially important for large venues.
- Real-time transit - See live departure times, the current location of the bus or train on your route, and a more detailed schedule when viewing transit stops.
- Flight status - Up-to-the-moment information about your flight terminals, gate locations, departure times, and more is now available.
- Place cards - Place cards are more helpful and easier to use, with dynamically updated information for things like Today at Apple sessions at Apple Store locations, movie theater time listings, and more.
- MapKit - Updates include vector overlays, point-of-interest filtering, camera zoom and pan limits, and support for Dark Mode.
- Improved voice with neural TTS - Siri sounds more natural than ever, particularly while speaking longer phrases, with a voice that is generated entirely by software.
- Siri intelligence - Siri offers personalized suggestions in Apple Podcasts, Safari, and Maps. Siri can even detect reminders in messages and events in third‑party apps.
- SiriKit for Audio - Siri can now play music, podcasts, audiobooks, and radio with third‑party apps.
- Radio - Ask Siri to tune in to your favorite radio station.
- Indian English voice - Siri has a new Indian English voice.
- iTunes Store
- App Store
- Apple Arcade - A game subscription service with over 100 amazing new games, all with no ads or additional purchases. A single subscription allows you to download and play any Apple Arcade game from the App Store, and games will be added regularly. You can play Apple Arcade games across iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV, and every game is playable offline.
- Support for Arabic and Hebrew - The App Store now supports Arabic and Hebrew languages across stories, collections and lists, product pages, and search.
- Option to download large apps over cellular - You can choose to download apps and games over your cellular connection.
- Gallery view - Now you can see your notes as visual thumbnails, making it easier than ever to quickly find the note you’re looking for. It’s especially great for notes with images, sketches, or Apple Pencil handwriting.
- Shared folders - Collaborate on folders with other people by giving them access to a folder’s contents where they can add their own notes, attachments, or subfolders.
- More powerful search - Search can visually recognize images inside your notes. Search can also help you find specific text in the items you’ve scanned, like receipts or bills. In addition, you’ll receive single‑tap search suggestions.
- New checklist options - Quickly reorder checklist items using drag and drop, swipe to indent them, or move checked items to the bottom of the list automatically. If you’ve completed the checklist and want to use it again, you can tap to uncheck all the items and start over.
- Folders and notes management - Organize your notes by creating folders and subfolders and select your preferred sorting option for each of your folders.
- View‑only collaboration - Share notes and entire folders as view only so you’re the only one who can make changes.
- Voice Memos
- Pinch to zoom - Edit your recordings with more precision with pinch to zoom on the waveform.
- Split View - Voice Memos has Split View support on iPad.
- Reading goals - Read a book or listen to an audiobook for five minutes while in line for coffee, on your commute, or before bed to achieve your Daily Reading Goal. Build streaks to celebrate your achievements and share books you’ve finished with the Books Read this Year collection.
- All‑new design - The redesigned Reminders app features more powerful and intelligent ways to create, organize, and keep track of your reminders.
- New quick toolbar - With the new quick toolbar, it’s easier than ever to add dates, times, locations, flags, or even helpful attachments to reminders. All without having to go to another screen.
- Enhanced Siri intelligence - Now you can type longer, more descriptive sentences. Reminders will automatically understand and provide relevant suggestions.
- Siri suggested reminders - When you’re chatting with someone in Messages, Siri recognizes possible reminders and makes suggestions for you to create them.
- Attachments - Add photos, document scans, and even web links to your reminders to make them more informative and useful.
- Subtasks and grouped lists - Now there are even more useful ways to organize your reminders. Just drag and drop to add subtasks under a single reminder. You can also group multiple lists together.
- Smart lists - Keep track of your upcoming reminders with smart lists that automatically organize and display them. See only your reminders scheduled for today, reminders flagged as important, or all your reminders across every list in one place.
- Messages integration - Tag someone in a reminder and the next time you’re chatting with that person in Messages, a reminder will surface right then and there.
- Customize list appearance - Customize the appearance of your personal or shared iCloud lists, choosing from 12 beautiful colors and 60 expressive symbols.
- More publications in Apple News - More business news publications have been added to the Apple News feed within Stocks, which is available for users in the U.S., UK, and Australia.
- Apple News+ content - For Apple News+ subscribers, relevant business content from Apple News+ publications appears directly in the Stocks app for users in the U.S., UK, and Australia.
- Photo Booth
- Find My
- Column View - Easily browse files deep in nested folders in the new Column View. Just select a file and get a high‑resolution preview.
- Quick Actions - Quick Actions make it easy to rotate, mark up, or create a PDF in the Files app.
- Rich metadata - Column View displays a rich set of metadata, so you can see the details for each file as you browse.
- Downloads folder - A new downloads folder gives you a central place to access your web downloads and attachments from Safari and Mail.
- External drive support - Access files on a USB drive, SD card, or hard drive.
- iCloud Drive folder sharing - Share folders with friends, family, and colleagues in iCloud Drive. You can even give them access for adding their own files.*
- Local storage - Create folders on the local drive and add your favorite files.
- Zip and unzip - Select files and zip them for easy sharing via email. Tap a zip file to expand it into a folder and access the files.
- File servers - Connect to a file server at work or a home PC using SMB from Files.
- Keyboard shortcuts - A host of new keyboard shortcuts make navigating Files even easier.
- Search suggestions - Search suggestions make it simple to find what you’re looking for. Just tap the suggestion to quickly filter your results.
- Document Scanner - Create digital copies of physical documents and put them directly in the location where you want to store them.
- Low Data Mode - Low Data Mode helps reduce your data usage over your cellular network or specific Wi-Fi networks you select. When Low Data Mode is enabled, a number of automatic updates are paused unless you select them manually. For example, Photos pauses syncing.
 Free Apps from Apple
- Pages -preinstalled
- Numbers -preinstalled
- Keynote -preinstalled
- iMovie -preinstalled
- GarageBand -preinstalled
- iTunes U -preinstalled
- Apple Store -preinstalled
- Music Memos
- Clips -preinstalled
- Swift Playgrounds
- Shortcuts -preinstalled
- Conversational shortcuts - Shortcuts are even more powerful, enabling you to interact with your apps in a conversational way.
- Built-in Shortcuts app - The Shortcuts app is now built in and home for all your shortcuts.
- Suggested automations - Get started with the Shortcuts app by adding a personalized daily routine to help streamline your day.
- Automations - Set up triggers to run any shortcut automatically.
- Reality Composer
- New iPadOS app for creating AR experiences - The new Reality Composer app for iPadOS developers lets you quickly and easily prototype and produce augmented reality experiences with no previous 3D experience.