PocketBook InkPad 840 and InkPad 2
- Made by: PocketBook
- Released: August 2014, InkPad 2 August 2016
- Predecessor: InkPad family
- Languages Supported: various
- File Types Supported: PDF, PDF (DRM), EPUB, EPUB (DRM), DJVU, FB2, FB2.ZIP, DOC, DOCX, RTF, PRC, TCR, TXT, CHM, HTM, HTML plus images and audio
With the 8-inch display, the PocketBook InkPad can be useful at work, in school or at home. On the E Ink Pearl display favorite books, textbooks and graphs and tables can be read with the currently highest resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels including all popular formats in PDF and DjVu format. Even when using the zoom function, the typeface is clear. Due to the exclusive use of reflected light, the e-ink technology ensures reliable reading and protects the eyes. For particularly bright reading comfort in any lighting condition, the LED front light of the InkPad 840 can be controlled directly via a special sensor area above the screen. This reader was announced May 2014, available in the US in July.
Due to the new screen construction PocketBook InkPad 2 provides even higher contrast, compared to the original InkPad. Among the key improvements are the improved optical properties of the screen, updated design, ergonomic mechanical paging buttons and lightweight housing. In contrast to its predecessor, the new InkPad 2 has lost the front light sensor area. The InkPad 2 was available August 2016.
Both the original InkPad and the InkPad 2 except as noted.
- Display: 8" E Ink Pearl Capacitive multi-touch screen with front light. 'Film Touch' glass screen on the InkPad 2
- Resolution: 1600 x 1200 pixels, 250 ppi, 16 shades of gray
- processor: 1 GHz
- memory: 4GB (the actual available memory varies due to the personal software configuration)
- expansion: 32GB microSD card.
- RAM: 512 MB
- Battery: Li -Ion , 3.7V , 2500 mAh, up to a month, no recharging (battery life depending on the manner of use, networking and settings will vary)
- Audio output: 3.5mm jack
- Text-to-speech: available in several languages
- Operating system: Linux 2.6
- eBook formats: PDF, ePub, DJVU, FB2, FB2.ZIP, DOC, DOCX, RTF, PRC, TCR, TXT, CHM, HTM, HTML
- Adobe DRM: PDF, EPUB
- PDF features include: multiple zoom options, reflow, auto-crop margins
- Image formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF
- Audio formats: MP3
- Dictionaries: ABBYY Lingvo®: 21 dual language
- Installed Apps: ReadRate, DropBox, send-to-PocketBook, Audio Player, Web Browser, bookstore, Photo album, Calendar and Clock, Klondike, Calculator, RSS News, Chess, Scribble, Snake, Sudoku, dictionaries
- See PocketBook apps for additional apps you can add.
- Original 195.5 х 162.8 х 7.3 mm, 7.7" x 6.4" x 0.29" Weight:350 g (12.3 oz)
- InkPad 2 195.5 × 163 × 7.4 mm, weight 305 grams
- Original: Dark Brown
- InkPad 2: Mist Gray
- Developer Obreey Products
This is a monochrome high resolution version of the PocketBook Color Lux. It has a faster CPU and more RAM to improve performance. However, for some reason, it is heavier even though a bit smaller and has a smaller battery. The InkPad 2 is significantly lighter.
- PocketBook announcement in German
- http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/products/pocketbook-inkpad US original
- http://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/products/pocketbook-inkpad-2 InkPad 2
- MobileRead Forum : PocketBook Ink Pad 840 (germanEnglish translation)