- Made by: PocketBook
- Released: 2014
- Languages Supported: various
- File Types Supported: EPUB, PDF, FB2, FB2.ZIP, TXT, DJVU, HTML, DOC, DOCX, RTF, CHM, TCR, PRC (MOBI)
PocketBook presents the first E Ink reader with a built-in camera. Designed in a unique way, the new compact e-reader will give any user maximum capabilities: photo camera and OCR (also bar codes and QR codes), LED frontlight, magnets to lock the cover. Plays music and also has TTS.
Includes paging buttons on the rear of the device for maximum viewing with minimum size and has 4 buttons across the bottom of the unit: HOME, Pageback, PageForward, Context Menu (hold for front light), and power on/off on the top.
You can select from built in fonts for reading or add your own.
- Dimensions: 162,7 х 106,7 х 7,9 mm
- Display: 6" E Ink Carta™, 1024 x 758 pixels, 212 dpi
- Color White, Emerald, Dark Brown
- Battery: Li-Ion, 3,7V, 1500 mAh
- up to month without charging
- Processor: Freescale i.MX6 SoloLite, 1 GHz
- OS: Linux 3.0.35 with onscreen keyboard.
- RAM memory: 512 МB
- Flash memory 4 GB (The actual available internal storage size may vary depending on the software configuration of your device)
- Connections: USB-interface, Micro USB
- Memory slot: micro SD up to 32 GB
- Audio Out 3.5mm
- Formats of e-books: EPUB, PDF, FB2, FB2.ZIP, TXT, DJVU, HTML, DOC, DOCX, RTF, CHM, TCR, PRC (MOBI)
- Adobe DRM: EPUB and PDF
- image formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF
- audio format: MP3
- Weight: 175 g
- Camera: 5 MP with autofocus and LED flash
- Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
- Additional features: Text recognition, ReadRate (rate your books on social media), DropBox, Send to PocketBook, Book Store, PocketBook Sync, Browser, Audioplayer, Calculator, Calendar & Clock, Chess, Dictionary, Klondike, Photo, RSS News, Sudoku, Scribble, Notes in reading app. PDF supports reflow mode and margin cropping.
- See PocketBook apps for additional apps.
- Case: Plastic
- Dictionary: ABBYY Lingvo®: Universal (En-Ru), Universal (Ru-En), Universal (Uk-Ru), Universal (Ru-Uk), Universal (Uk-En), Universal (En-Uk)
- Developer: Obreey Products
How to root
- Connect PocketBook via USB and mount internal storage
- Add "touch /mnt/secure/netserver" to one of scripts under applications directory
- Reboot PocketBook, run modified app and reboot again
- Connect your pocketbook via USB. Now it'll connect as 0525:A4A2  Linux-USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget
- SSH to 192.168.205.1 and voila, you have root access