- Speed - Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way. It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications lightning fast.
- Simplicity - Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box and arrange tabs however you wish -- quickly and easily.
- Security - Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, auto-updates to make sure you have all the latest security fixes, and more.
- Privacy - We built Chrome not only to be faster, but also to put you in control of your private information while helping protect the information you share when you're online.
- Personalization - There are tons of ways to customize Chrome and make it yours. It's easy to tweak your settings and add apps, extensions, and themes from the Chrome Web Store.
- Signing In - Signing in to Chrome brings your bookmarks, history, and other settings to all your computers. It also automatically signs you in to all your favorite Google services.
Note: Version 14 install has lots of problems installing for many Windows users. If you get a 102 error then here are some tips:
download ChromeSetup to C:\ Open CMD window and change to C: Ensure that \windows\system32 contains expand.exe Mkdir TEST set TMP=C:\TEST set WINDIR=C:\WINDOWS start ChromeSetup Chrome browser will only install on your C: drive.
 eBook support
- Google Books are available and can be read or search from inside Chrome.
- Readium is an ePub 3 reader that runs in a Chrome browser.
- EPubPress is a conversion tool extension to create ePub files.
- See Chrome_OS#Reading_apps for more apps.