Index & Links to Uploaded eBooks on MobileRead
Click on the link below for the index of all ebooks uploaded to MobileRead that are currently available. Clicking on the entry will take you to the original thread where they were posted so that you may download them directly. At the moment most of the available ebooks are in Sony Reader format. Many books are also in MobiPocket format and an increasing number are in IMP format for the eBookwse-1150 and in ePUB format. Other formats are supported in the Misc category. Some of the files are in the zip or rar compression format. These should be decompressed prior to loading on the Reader.
- http://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php direct link to book lists in alphabetical order
- https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?order=desc&sort=dateline latest uploads
- Patricia Clark Memorial Library top level.
- Notable eBook Uploads Available at MobileRead
- Free eBooks-de/de - German Language uploads
 Major Formats
Main article: Major Formats
The major formats currently supported by the eBooks uploaded to MobileRead include:
- EPUB for Sony eBook Readers, iPhone, iPod Touch and a large number of other devices. See ADE and FBReader for more information.
- LRF for Sony eBook Readers
- MOBI for Bookeen Cybook Gen3, iRex iLiad, Amazon Kindle, PDAs, and others.
- IMP for the eBookwise-1150 and similar devices.
All of these formats are also usable on PC's with appropriate software.
 MISC Format
Main article: Other formats
This misc format includes files in these formats but new files and formats may be added at any time.
- LIT - Files for MS Reader format.
- PDB - Files for eReader or in PalmDOC format.
- PDF - Files formatted for smaller screens like the Sony or Cybook.
- HTML - Files to be read in a browser or converted to other formats.
The uploads at Mobile Read are augmented with prefix names that will identify the genre for each eBook. This will help users determine which books that they may want to download. There is an ongoing effort to add prefix and tag data to previous uploads.
eBook uploads can be in different languages. Use a tags to indicate the language (enter a tags using both the English word and the local language word) of the eBook and this information can also be included in the title.
 Creating Uploads
If you want to help and create some uploads you can certainly do it. MobileRead would like all the help it can get in creating and uploading public domain and creative commons licensed eBooks. You might want to look at How-To: Create an eBook to see what is involved. We follow the life+70 copyright rules.
Once you have the eBook created you can:
- Open the forum containing the format of the eBook you wish to upload.
- Click "New Thread"
- Select a prefix
- Enter... Author_surname, Author_firstname (or initials): Book_title. Version. Posting Date
- In the subject area enter some info about the book, if you did anything special to the file, etc.
- Attach the file where it says "Manage Attachments"
- The colon is essential to the sorting used by the forum tools. It must be present.
- If the language is not English enter the language just ahead of the Version.
- If entering in the non-format specific forum entering the actual format in the title ahead of the version is very useful.
For more information read: upload thread with Guidelines
- The first LRF eBook was uploaded: November 17, 2006
- The first MOBI eBook was uploaded: June 22, 2007
- The first Misc eBook was uploaded: June 30, 2007
- The first IMP eBook was uploaded: August 31, 2007
- The first ePub eBook was uploaded: July 25, 2008
- On December 20, 2012 the 25,000th eBook was uploaded. See forum discussion
- On July 1, 2014 the 30,000th eBook was uploaded. See forum discussion
- On November 22, 2014 the site switched to observing the international standard for Public Domain books. The total books dropped to 24,131 books.
- On the 17th of March 2015 we reached a milestone of 25,000 eBooks based on the new standard.
- On the 18th of December 2018 we reached 30,000 eBooks based on life+70 rules. See announcement forum for details and history.