Hanlin is the brand name for products made by Jinke.
 Hanlin devices
Current products include a progression of V8 to V2 to V2b to V3. The V2 and V2b are not available to individuals currently. The V8 uses the Wolf OS, the V2 replaces the Wolf OS with Linux and adds direct support for many files types without a converter. The V2B drops the touch screen and the V3 adds the Vizplex display.
Some of the formats use Cool Reader as the display engine. These include FB2 and likely others depending on the firmware release. The Cool Reader engine can be accessed by appending the extension .fb2 to whatever file you want to read using that engine. This does not change the format of file and will fail if the file format is not one that Cool Reader understands. See Hanlin eBook formats for information on the Hanlin supported formats.
Current international products from Jinke includes:-
- Hanlin V8 - older unit, possibly the very first unit available for sale with E Ink.
- Hanlin V2 - not available to end users. (check with Jinke)
- Hanlin V2b - not available to end users.
- Jinke V2t - full touch screen
- Hanlin V3 - 6" screen (an updated V3+ is now available)
- Hanlin V60 - 6" screen with full QWERTY keyboard and Wi-Fi with G3 as an option.
- Hanlin V90 - 9.7" version of the V60.
- Hanlin V5 - 5" screen
- Hanlin V9 - 9.7" screen (cancelled)
Brand new products using SiPix screens
- Hanlin A6 = 6" touch screen, available with or without physical keyboard.
- Hanlin A9 = 9" touch screen, available with or without physical keyboard.
- Hanlin V61 = 6" with D-pad. An advanced model A61 has wireless support. (release 2Q 2011)
Jinke also manufactures other ebook readers for the Chinese domestic market, although only the V6 below is electronic ink, such as:-
- Hanlin V6 - Same as the V8 but lacks a MP3 player and LCD touchscreen
- Hanlin S6+
- Hanlin S2+ - uses BCD e-paper technology
- Hanlin M2 - Original BCD design
- Hanlin L12 - newer model using BCD design
Search Jinke for products.
 Dealers and OEM's
Jinke OEM's their products under different names. The following products are all made by Jinke but may have different firmware installed. These are all the same hardware as the Hanlin V3.
- Walkbook - this site has some Wolf eBooks for download.
- lBook eReader - Ukraine with special firmware.
- Iscriptum - European source for lBook.
- Apollo V3
- BEBOOK by Dutch company Endless Ideas.
- Papyre 6.1 Spanish version sold by company Facthor through Grammata.
- Pixelar E-Reader by British company Pixelar
- Mobread Chinese dealer. Also has an extensive forum, and provides firmware, although firmware seems to be only available to customers
- EZ Reader U.S. dealer Astak
- Koobe Hungarian dealer
- ECO Reader - Australian Dealer
- Where to Buy?
 Third Party Software and Firmware
A number of people and groups have developed alternate firmware for the Jinke Hanlin eBook.
- Openinkpot is a full OS Firmware release for the V3 and its clones.
- MobileRead thread by Jotas. A Spanish language web site and firmware mod. (The language can be changed). This is for the Hanlin V3, V5, and V3+
- MobileRead thread - triple book firmware from Tirwal, another Spanish site. This is for the Hanlin V3. MobileRead forum with English translated documentation
- Begemot site - contains Buggins and tiGor firmware beta releases in Russian or Ukrainian based on lBook firmware. This is for Hanlin V3 and V3+
- MobileRead thread covering a firmware version optimized for DJVU reading. Note that this version has been incorporated into some Tirwal firmware.
 For more information
- Jinke site
- Openinkpot - an open-source project that is working on their own OS for the V3 hardware, as well as for other E-ink readers (in the works) Openinkpot official site
- WOLF is the internal eBook format for Hanlin eBooks
- MobileRead Forum
 The Jinke Team
This picture is from 2006. By 2010 the engineering team alone has grown to more than 200 people.