Logos is short for Logos Bible software from Faithlife. Logos provides software and collections of Christian Bible study books.
Logos software is needed to read Logos eBooks. The company promotes buying the software in a package with lots of books for a high price (which is a bargain only if you want those books), but you can also get the basic software for free and it can be upgraded with features later. The current version (9) is available for free on the Desktop version and you can upgrade Version 8 for free. You will need an account to use this product which will help to sync the various tools and books. The same account will work at all (or most) of the various sites listed on this page and all of the tools. There is an allocated database stored on the Internet for each customer which allows syncing between your computers, phones, and tablets. For portable devices there is a sync command that allows manually sync but for a desktop version it is automatic when the program is first opened and often when it is closed. For example, if you make changes to defaults like the version of the Bible you use it will be changed in all platforms.
- Logos Desktop systems are available for MacOS and Windows. Go to the Logos web site and search for "free Logos". You can choose the 8 Basic and/or the Verbum 8 Basic (for Catholic books added). Note that a download option is likely in the banner at the top of the page.
- Logos Mobile versions are available for iOS, iPadOS, Android, Kindle Fire; available in app stores
- Faithlife Study Bible, Faithlife eBooks, Logos Study Bible Tools, Proclaim Remote, Biblia Logos, Verbum Catholic Bible Study.
- subscription service includes a set of books.
- There is also a version targeted at Web Browsers, See: Logos web app for all other platforms or when you don't want to download software such as when using someone else's computer.
- http://Biblia.com (Biblia) is another online connection to your database. It is primarily for Chrome OS but usable on other Browsers. There is an iOS app also called Biblia. It is specifically for Spanish language users and is otherwise very similar to the Logos Mobile app.
Logos Desktop can be used in any of 12 different languages. To change the language perform the following steps:
- In Logos, click Tools > Utilities > Program Settings.
- In the General section click the dropdown menu beside Language.
- Close the Program Settings panel and restart Logos.
These include: Afrikaans, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese.
In addition to the above languages there are Bibles in Arabic, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Latin, and Russian
 Extra Books
Here is a comparison of the number of books I have available for the different platforms of Logos. It have recorded only the last two digits from my collection on each source as this makes the comparison easier.
- Logos Desktop - the standard - 45 (No extra books but some were free)
- Logos Mobile app - 58
- Verbum Catholic (mobile version) - 41
- Verbum Desktop - unknown
- https://biblia.com/ Biblia - 82
- https://app.logos.com/ Logos web app - 94
- Faithlife Study Bible - 28
- Faithlife eBook reader - 33
- Biblia Logos Spanish Version mobile app - unknown
Many of the extra books in the mobile versions and independent web apps are foreign language Bibles and perhaps other documents. Catholic differences are based on Catholic Theology. If you want one of these extra books on a different product or you want to download it you will need to buy it.
 eBook sources
Logos calls eBooks as "resources" and lumps them together with other items, such as software, audio books, and videos. These sources will all work with the Logos software. Note that sales and book prices may be different than the same book at another site.
- https://Logos.com - Searches will automatically include results from Faithlife.
- https://Verbum.com - Catholic
- https://lexhampress.com - Lexham Press
- https://Books.Logos.com more that 8,000 books (possible eBooks to be created)
- https://es.logos.com - Spanish
- https://sc.logos.com - Chinese simplified
- https://tc.logos.com - Chinese traditional
- https://de.logos.com - German
- https://pt.logos.com - Portuguese
Note that some eBooks and groups of books are sold as a rental and will expire if not renewed. There are also offers for books that are not yet published. There are groups of books that might save you money if you want most or all of them. Be sure that you are buying what you want. Many of the same eBooks are in the various sources but you may find different deals. There is also a bidding system to get a new book published by promising to buy it.
There are several free books available all the time. To find the free books and cheap books you should find the deals under $10 entry, usually available on the Home page of the Logos desktop and then sort the list by price (lowest first). The free software will be listed as well. You can narrow the list by selecting the "unowned" box. You can also tap search and enter "price:0" without the quotes if you only want free books.
 Abbrev for Books of the Bible
While searches will accept more traditional abbreviations for the Books of the Bible, the table below highlights the 2 Character abbreviation (and sometimes 3) for the Books with an added number(s) when needed. A space between numbers and letters is optional. Multiple items can be separated with a / or a space. These abbreviations are also used in the short name for a book. The short name, if available, appears in the tab when the book is open. (It can be changed in the Logos Desktop by the user.) They are listed in alphabetical order.
|1 Corinthians||1Co||1 Kings||1Ki||1,2,3 John||1-3 Jn|
|1, 2 Chronicles||1,2Ch||1 Peter||1 Pe||1 Timothy||1Ti|
|1 and 2 Kings||1,2Ki||1, 2 Thessalonians||1,2Th||1,2 Timothy and Titus||1-2Ti/Tt|
|2 Corinthians||2Co||2 Kings||2Ki||2 Peter and Jude||2Pe/Jud|
|Exodus to Ruth||Ex-Ru||Ezekiel||Eze||Ezra||Ez|
|Song of Solomon||So||Titus||Tt||Zechariah||Zc (Zec)|
 For more information
- https://www.logos.com software and eBooks
- https://ebooks.faithlife.com eBooks
- https://verbum.com/ targeted for Catholics.
- https://Noet.com targeted for Philosophers
- https://community.logos.com/forums - discussion and help.
- https://blog.logos.com - Lectures and info.
- https://wiki.logos.com - The Logos Wiki with help and discussions.
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/logostips Facebook tips and tricks.
- https://community.logos.com/forums/ The forums are a great way to ask questions or provide insight.