Sony is a large corporation that has a significant investment in eBook readers.
 eBook Products
They have made many Readers that are all E-Ink devices with 6" displays. They have also made some models in different sizes. Sony currently calls them "Reader Digital Book" although they originally were called the Sony Portable Reader. These include the:
- Sony Librie - now discontinued
- Sony PRS-500 - discontinued
- Sony PRS-505 - discontinued
- Sony PRS-700 - deluxe model, touch screen and built-in light, discontinued
- Sony PRS-300 - released 5" model
- Sony PRS-350 - released touch screen 5" model
- Sony PRS-600 - discontinued touch screen 6" model
- Sony PRS-650 - released touch screen 6" model
- Sony PRS-900 - discontinued daily edition - 7" wide screen, touch screen, wireless
- Sony PRS-950 - Daily Edition 7" wide touch screen adds Wi-Fi
- Sony PRS-T1 - Touch screen with Wi-Fi runs Android
- Sony PRS-T2 - Touch screen with Wi-Fi runs Android
- Sony PRS-T3 - This model is not sold in the USA.
- Sony DPT-S1 - Limited release for commercial customers, 13.3" with PDF supported.
- Sony DPT-RP1 - replacement digital paper unit available to all.
 Related products
Sony has also entered the Web Tablet business with:
See Sony Reader App for Sony's latest eBook Reading application for computers and tablets.
 Connect store
Sony also has a connect store that sells e-books. The connect store includes software called Reader Library that runs on your Windows and MacOS X PC. The connect store is directly accessed from the software and can also be used to read eBook. The ePub books sold from this site are usable on other devices that use ADE DRM or are DRM free. There are free downloads on the site.
Historically Sony has been in the eBook Reader business for a long time. In 1990 they released the Data Discman in Japan and to the US in 1991. The first E Ink reading device, the Sony Librie, was only sold in Japan. It was released in April 2004.
- Customer Support Number (for Reader and Connect Store): 1-866-919-SONY (7669)
- eBook Customer Support Team: 877-CNECTME (877-263-2863)
- http://www.sony.com - web site.
 Linux source
Sony uses Linux in many of its products.